The U.S. Embassy in Amman is pleased to announce the 2015 TechWomen program, an initiative of the Department of State’s Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs to encourage and support women engaged in science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) fields from the Middle East, North and Sub-Saharan Africa.
The program will take place over the course of five weeks beginning in October 2015. TechWomen mentees will work on specific projects with their American mentors at technology and innovation companies in the San Francisco Bay area and Silicon Valley. The program includes several workshops designed to build understanding of technology’s integral role in the professional world. The program will also increase understanding of how Americans encourage development, and provide the participants with networking opportunities. The program will conclude with a two-day program in Washington, DC that includes workshops, networking events and meetings.
All applications should be submitted online.
Deadline: February 10, 2015
An applicant must:
- Be a woman;
- With two years full-time professional experience in the one of the STEM-related fields and/or a career requiring significant expertise/knowledge/application of technology;
- Have a minimum of a bachelor’s degree;
- Be proficient in written and spoken English;
- Demonstrate a willingness to participate in an exchange program, and have an interest in mentoring and in new partnership development;
- Be a Jordanian citizen;
- Not have applied for an immigrant visa to the United States, or participated in a visa lottery in the past five years;
- Be able to obtain a U.S. visa;
- Not hold U.S. Citizenship or be a U.S. legal permanent resident.
For more information on the 2015 TechWomen program, interested candidates can visit the techwomen website.
Application should be filled and submitted online no later than February 10, 2015 (23.59 Cairo Time). The U.S. Government pays for the majority of the participants’ expenses including international travel, housing costs and per diem.