Location: Announced demonstrations include, but are not limited to, the following places in Jordan:
- Al Kalouti Mosque , Amman
- Embassy of Israel, Amman
- Al Husseini Mosque, Amman
- Al Karamah border crossing
Event: Demonstrations are expected to take place in Jordan on Friday, May 21, 2021 in response to the ongoing conflict in Israel, Gaza, and the West Bank. Recent demonstrations have been generally peaceful, but there is always potential for violence. The Embassy advises U.S. citizens to avoid these locations on Friday, May 21 due to the demonstrations. Actions to Take:
- Avoid the areas of the demonstrations.
- Exercise caution if unexpectedly in the vicinity of large gatherings or protests.
- Monitor local media for updates.
- Keep a low profile.
- U.S. Embassy Amman, Jordan
- Al-Umawyeen 37, Amman, Jordan
- Phone number: +962 6 590-6000, +962 6 590-6500 (after hours emergencies only)
- Email address: Amman-ACS@state.gov
- Embassy/Consulate website: https://jo.usembassy.gov/
- State Department – Consular Affairs: 888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Jordan Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates and follow us on Facebook.