Alert: Update to Jordan Travel Advisory
On March 10, 2021, the Department of State published an update to the Travel Advisory for Jordan. To read the full Travel Advisory, please click here. For more information about traveling to or living in Jordan, please see the Jordan country page listed on travel.state.gov.
The key changes to the Travel Advisory are as follows:
The State Department advises that U.S. citizens in Jordan do not travel to:
- Within 3.5 km (reduction from 10 km) of the Jordanian border with Syria and east of the town of Ruwayshid in the direction of the border with Iraq due to terrorism and armed conflict.
- NEW – Designated Syrian refugee camps in Jordan due to Government of Jordan restrictions on entry into these camps. (change from previous restriction on travel to all refugee camps)
- NEW – Zarqa, Rusayfah, and the Baqa’a neighborhood of Ayn Basha due to terrorism and crime.
In addition, the State Department advises that U.S. citizens in Jordan to reconsider travel to:
- NEW – Ma’an City and as-Salt due to terrorism and crime.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information about COVID-19.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19: https://jo.usembassy.gov/covid-19-information/ for more information about travel restrictions and closures in Jordan.
- Monitor local media for updates and adhere to Government of Jordan restrictions and instructions.
- U.S. Embassy Amman, Jordan
- Al-Umawyeen 37, Amman, Jordan
- Phone number: +962 6 590-6000, +962 6 590-6500 (after hours emergencies only)
- Email address: Amman-ACS@state.gov
- Embassy/Consulate website: https://jo.usembassy.gov/
- State Department – Consular Affairs: 888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Jordan Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates and follow us on Facebook.