U.S. Government Resources
- Country Commercial Guide : The Country Commercial Guide provides information on doing business in Jordan.
- Investment Climate Statement – Jordan 2021.
- Bureau of Economic Analysis: The Bureau of Economic Analysis (BEA) produces economic accounts statistics that enable government and business decision-makers, researchers, and the American public to follow and understand the performance of the Nation’s economy. To do this, BEA collects source data, conducts research and analysis, develops and implements estimation methodologies, and disseminates statistics to the public.
- Bureau of Labor Statistics: The Bureau of Labor Statistics of the U.S. Department of Labor is the principal Federal agency responsible for measuring labor market activity, working conditions, and price changes in the economy. Its mission is to collect, analyze, and disseminate essential economic information to support public and private decision-making. As an independent statistical agency, BLS serves its diverse user communities by providing products and services that are objective, timely, accurate, and relevant.
- CIA World Factbook: The World Factbook provides information on the history, people, government, economy, geography, communications, transportation, military, and transnational issues for 267 world entities. The Reference tab includes: maps of the major world regions, as well as Flags of the World, a Physical Map of the World, a Political Map of the World, and a Standard Time Zones of the World map.
- Special 301 Report: The “Special 301” Report is an annual review of the global state of intellectual property rights (IPR) protection and enforcement.
- US Census Bureau: The Census Bureau serves as the leading source of quality data about the U.S. people and economy.
- USTR NEI Report. The National Export Initiative (NEI) report outlines ways the U.S. government can expand efforts to help U.S. businesses win more foreign government contracts, find buyers worldwide, participate in more trade missions and trade shows, receive more export financing, and learn new ways to sell products and services overseas. A central focus of the plan is providing additional assistance to small and medium-sized businesses, which are major drivers of new job creation.
Treaties & Agreements
- U.S.-Jordan Free Trade Agreement (FTA): Agreement between the United States of America and the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan on the Establishment of a Free Trade Area.
- Jordan-United States Bilateral Investment Treaty (PDF 154 KB)