On this page, you will find a quick description of resources available for companies in Jordan considering investments in the United States and some suggestions for getting started.
Vendors’ Day – Fall 2013
Charge d’Affaires Stephanie T. Williams opened the inaugural “Vendors’ Day” in Amman on August 28 with over 200 private Jordanian companies in attendance. Embassy Amman contracting officials from the State Department, Department of Defense, and USAID explained the U.S. procurement process and provided an overview of the steps necessary to submit bids for U.S. government contracts. The conference focused on attracting companies to compete for U.S. government business and emphasizing the transparent nature of the U.S. government procurement process. In 2012, the U.S. government contracted over USD $107 million in Jordan, and is on track to increase that amount to $140 million in 2013.
Vendors’ Day will be a regular event so check back often on the Events page to learn how your Jordanian company can join us at the next one.
Investing in the USA
SelectUSA is designed to complement the activities of our states—the primary drivers of economic development in the United States.
- Visit the SelectUSA.gov website to obtain general information about investing in the United States. SelectUSA seeks to highlight the many advantages the United States offers as a location for business and investment. From a vast domestic market, to a transparent legal system, to the most innovative companies in the world, America is the place for business. On the website you can browse business incentives offered by different states and territories.
- Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your interests and needs.
- Contact the nearest office of the Association of State Offices Overseas to learn more about state government resources.
For information regarding business visas, please visit the Visa page of the State Department website.
Doing Business with the U.S. Government
- Go to FedBizOpps.gov to find opportunities to work with the U.S. Government
- Go to SAM.gov to register your company to work with U.S. Government
You will need a Data Universal Numbering System (DUNS) number to register your company in SAM.
How do I get a DUNS number?
- You can request a DUNS number for free to do business with the U.S. Federal government by visiting http://fedgov.dnb.com/webform
- It takes up to 5 business days to obtain an international DUNS number.
- DUNS numbers are unique for each physical location you want to register.
- You will need NATO Commercial and Government Entity (NCAGE) code to register your company in SAM.