July 12, 2020
Jordan Country-Specific Information:
On July 12, the Government of Jordan announced that regular commercial international flights will remain suspended at least through July 24. The U.S. Embassy is aware that Royal Jordanian Airlines, Emirates, and Qatar Airways may be offering flights departing Jordan with connections to the United States before July 24. Please contact the airlines directly to inquire about their schedules.
There has been no announcement from the Government of Jordan about the opening of the land borders with Israel and the West Bank.
U.S. citizens remaining in Jordan should be prepared for additional travel restrictions and health precautions to be put into effect with little or no advance notice. The U.S. Embassy cannot predict when the airport may open or what the quarantine policy will be for travelers arriving in Jordan in the future.
On June 4, 2020, the Government of Jordan announced the launch of a website which provides updates and FAQs about the COVID-19 situation in Jordan and explains the re-opening of the country’s various sectors. Information on this website is available in English. At the present time, social gatherings may include up to 20 people with social distancing and people may move outside the home from between 6:00 a.m. and 12:00 midnight every day. Everyone must adhere to social distancing rules and wear masks when entering public places (including ministries, government departments, official and public institutions), and when entering places where services are provided directly to the public (including companies, institutions, malls, stores, medical clinics and health centers, cellular communications companies, electricity and water companies, banks, offices, buses, taxis, public vehicles and private vehicles with more than one person). Anyone violating the order will be fined.
The Government of Jordan announced on June 4, 2020 that the following entities will remain closed: wedding halls, condolence houses, youth activities (such as scout camps), cinemas, public parks, play areas, entertainment centers, schools and kindergartens, universities, colleges and institutes, and training and cultural centers, and businesses that organize weddings, conferences, exhibitions, cultural events and festivals.
U.S. citizens in Jordan whose residency permits or visas are expiring should seek guidance from the nearest Borders and Residency office. Please see the Ministry of Interior’s website for information about visa extensions. U.S. citizens who cannot depart Jordan to get a new visa may be able to apply for a “temporary residency” for a period of three months. We understand that the Government of Jordan will waive overstay fines (up to 250 JOD) though May 26, 2020 for foreigners with visas or residency permits that expired during the COVID-19 pandemic. The U.S. Embassy cannot extend your immigration status in Jordan.
Foreigners in Jordan should follow the guidance of the Ministry of Health and the CDC to remain safe and healthy, including social distancing and practicing good hygiene.
The U.S. Embassy remains closed for routine consular services and has limited ability to provide emergency services to U.S. citizens in Jordan at this time. U.S. citizens in Jordan seeking emergency assistance should email the U.S. Embassy at email@example.com. The U.S. Embassy will continue to provide updates on new developments on this webpage. U.S. citizens should enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive messages from the U.S. Embassy.
U.S Embassy Health Alerts:
- Health Alert – Suspension through July 24, 2020 of Regular Commercial International Flights
- Message for U.S. Citizens – Resumption of Limited Passport and Citizenship Services (July 8, 2020)
- Health Alert – Regular Commercial International Flights Suspended Through July 14, 2020 (July 1, 2020)
- Health Alert – Embassy Emergency Call Hours and Upcoming Departure Flights (June 25, 2020)
- Health Alert – Resumption of Domestic Flights and Suspension of Regular Commercial International Flights through July 4 (June 18, 2020)
- Health Alert – Upcoming Departure Flights and COVID-19 Update for Jordan (June 7, 2020)
- Health Alert – Closure through July 1, 2020 of Queen Alia International Airport in Amman (June 3, 2020)
- Health Alert – Special Commercial Royal Jordanian Flight to the United States and Suspension of Regular Commercial Flights (May 27, 2020)
- Health Alert – Updated Eid Holiday Curfew and Movement Restrictions (May 20, 2020)
- Health Alert – Friday Curfews, Eid Holiday Restrictions, and Transport to Airport (May 13, 2020)
- Health Alert – Royal Jordanian Airlines Flights to the United States (May 11, 2020)
- Health Alert – Updated Movement Restrictions and Safety Requirements (May 10, 2020)
- Health Alert – May 8 Comprehensive Curfew, Updated Guidance on Movement Restrictions and Commercial Flights (May 7, 2020)
- Health Alert – May 1 Comprehensive Curfew, Updated Government of Guidance on Movement Restrictions (April 29, 2020)
- Health Alert – Interest for Flights to the United States (April 26, 2002)
- Health Alert – Comprehensive Curfew April 24, 2020 (April 23, 2020)
- Health Alert – Expected Flight Cancellations (April 21, 2020)
- Health Alert – Comprehensive Curfew April 16-18, 2020 (April 16, 2020)
- Health Alert – Extension of General Curfew to April 30 (April 13, 2020)
- Health Alert – Comprehensive Curfew April 10-12, 2020 (April 9, 2020)
- Health Alert – April 9 Flight to the United States (April 7, 2020)
- Health Alert – Potential April 9 Flight to the United States (April 5, 2020)
- Health Alert – Comprehensive Curfew on Friday, April 3 (April 1, 2020)
- Health Alert – Qatar Airways Flight to the United States on April 2, 2020 (Mar. 29, 2020)
- Health Alert- Update- Commercial Flight Option to the United States (March 24, 2020)
- Health Alert – Commercial Flight Options to the United States (Mar. 23, 2020)
- Health Alert – Government of Jordan Curfew to Start March 21 at 7:00am (March 20, 2020)
- Health Alert – Global Heath Advisory- Level 4 (March 20, 2020)
- Health Alert – Limited Consular Services at U.S. Embassy Amman (March 17, 2020)
- Health Alert – Government of Jordan Suspends Flights as of March 17 (March 14, 2020)
- Health Alert – U.S. Embassy Amman, Jordan (March 6, 2020)
- Routine Message – Entry Ban for Foreigners Who Recently Traveled to China (February 10, 2020)
- Message For U.S. Citizens – Quarantine Measures at Jordanian Airports and Land Borders (February 3, 2020)
Jordan Entry and Exit Requirements:
Jordanian airports are closed to commercial international flights and land and sea borders are closed at this time.
Quarantine and COVID-19 Test Information:
The following are authorized private labs for elective testing for COVID-19:
- AlSultan Laboratories
- Precision Medical Laboratories
- Med Laboratories
- The Specialty Hospital
- Mega labs
- Quest labs
- Geno Labs
- All sample collection will be done through home visits by trained lab personnel. No walk-in testing for COVID-19 is allowed.
- The Jordanian Ministry of Health has designated the following seven hospitals for COVID-19 testing and isolation:
- Al Bashir Hospital – Amman
- Jordan University Hospital- Amman
- Prince Hamzah Hospital- Amman
- Zarqa New Public Hospital- Zarqa
- King Abdullah University Hospital- Irbid
- Karak Public Hospital – Karak
- Prince Hashim Military Hospital – Aqaba
- Foreigners may be tested at these hospitals but only when referred by health authorities and at the direction of a medical provider. U.S. citizens who feel ill should first call a health care provider for instructions prior to seeking in-person medical care. Those who test positive are required to undergo care at a designated COVID-19 facility (either Prince Hamzeh Hospital or King Abdullah University Hospital). The Embassy cannot request tests on behalf of U.S. citizens in Jordan.
- Jordanian Ministry of Health: https://www.moh.gov.jo/
- Ministry of Health (MoH) Public Health Emergency Operation Center (PHEOC) hotline: +962 77 8410186 (mobile) for English speakers or +962 6 500 4545 (landline) or 111.
- Ministry of Health Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/mohgovjordan/
- All active official Jordanian COVID-related platforms: https://www.one.gov.jo/
- Ministry of Health COVID-19 Information page: https://corona.moh.gov.jo/en