(June 6, 2021)
Location: Gathering points include, but are not limited to, the following places in Jordan:
- Um Al-Basateen
Event: The Embassy is receiving reports of demonstrations resulting in armed clashes between police and protesters in the vicinity of Um Al-Basateen and Na’ur (close to the main road leading from Amman to Queen Alia International Airport) on June 6, 2021 in response to the resignation of former Member of Parliament Osama Al-Ajarmeh. The Embassy advises U.S. citizens to avoid these locations due to the demonstrations.
Actions to Take:
- Avoid the areas of the demonstrations.
- Exercise caution if unexpectedly in the vicinity of large gatherings or protests.
- Exercise caution while traveling between Amman and QAIA on the main airport road.
- Monitor local media for updates.
- Keep a low profile.
We encourage you to enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive our notifications. Email us at email@example.com if you have questions not addressed in this message.
- U.S. Embassy Amman, Jordan
- Al-Umawyeen 37, Amman, Jordan
- Phone number: +962 6 590-6000, +962 6 590-6500 (after hours emergencies only)
- Email address: Amman-ACS@state.gov
- Embassy/Consulate website: https://jo.usembassy.gov/
- State Department – Consular Affairs: 888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Jordan Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates and follow us on Facebook.