The Arabic Book Program (ABP) was established in 1986, with the objective of translating into Arabic, publishing, and distributing selected books from American writers in various areas, including economics, management sciences, politics, humanities, arts, and the environment.
The publication and distribution of Arabic Book Program titles is carried out by Jordanian and regional publishers. Books published are made available to readers in bookshops at reasonable prices. The program has produced over two hundred titles, many of which are still available.
U.S. Embassies wishing to place book orders may contact us at ABPamman@state.gov.
ABP has participated in the following regional events and exhibitions:
- Abu Dhabi Book Fair (2010)
- The Casablanca Book Fair (2005-2011)
- Damascus Book Fair (2009 – 2011)
- Kuwait Book Fair (2009 – 2011)
- Al-Riyadh Book Fair (2008 – 2010)
- The Hashemite University Book Exhibition (2007)
- The Cairo Book Fair (2005, 2006)
- The Tunis Book Fair (April 2005)
- The Jordan University for Science and Technology Fair (2004, 2005)