Event: Update on Government of Jordan COVID-19 Restrictions
On January 13, the Government of Jordan announced the lifting of some of its COVID-19 restrictions, including eliminating the Friday mandatory comprehensive curfew. U.S. citizens in Jordan should be aware these conditions could change at any time, and they are encouraged to check regularly the U.S. Embassy website and media reports for important updates.
- The Friday mandatory comprehensive curfew will end immediately. Despite the elimination of the Friday curfew, the nightly curfew will remain in place. The nightly curfew begins at 11 p.m. for commercial establishments and 12 a.m. for individuals, and ends the next morning at 6 a.m.
- Travelers are no longer subject to a seven-day home quarantine upon arrival in Jordan and will no longer be required to use the VisitJordanplatform to register their travel. Travelers must still acquire a negative PCR COVID-19 test at least 72 hours before arrival and complete a second PCR test after arrival at the airport in Jordan. For those with a positive COVID-19 test upon arrival, the Government will require home quarantine and isolation for at least ten days.
- Starting February 7, children in grades kindergarten to third grade and twelfth grade, will gradually resume in-person classes. This re-opening will include both private and public schools. Nurseries will remain open.
Please continue to visit our COVID-19 website for updated information and we encourage you to enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive our notifications. Email us at email@example.com if you have questions not addressed in this message.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information about COVID-19.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19: https://jo.usembassy.gov/covid-19-information/ for more information about travel restrictions and closures in Jordan.
- Monitor local media for updates and adhere to Government of Jordan restrictions and instructions.
- U.S. Embassy Amman, Jordan Al-Umawyeen 37, Amman, Jordan Phone number: +962 6 590-6000, +962 6 590-6500 (after hours emergencies only)
- Email address: Amman-ACS@state.gov
- Embassy/Consulate website: https://jo.usembassy.gov/
- State Department – Consular Affairs: 888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Jordan Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates and follow us on Facebook.