August 18, 2020
Event: Resumption of Regular Commercial International Flights Delayed Until August 31, 2020
On August 17, 2020, the Government of Jordan announced that the resumption of regular commercial international flights has been delayed to at least August 31, 2020, including from a list of 20 “green countries” identified earlier.
Special commercial and repatriation flights will continue to operate on a limited basis.
Under current guidance, all inbound passengers will be required to quarantine at least 14 days upon arrival in a government-sponsored facility. Once regular commercial international flights resume, passengers arriving from “green countries” (listed below), are expected to face up to 14 days of quarantine, but the exact requirements remain subject to change. Passengers departing from all other countries (non-green countries) must adhere to a 14-day government-sponsored quarantine followed by 14 days of home quarantine.
Green Countries (as of August 18): Austria, Canada, China, Cyprus, Denmark, Estonia, Georgia, Germany, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Malaysia, Malta, New Zealand, Norway, Switzerland, Taiwan, and Thailand.
The Government of Jordan will update the Green Country list every 14 days, with adjustments based on the current epidemiological situation. Additionally, a country appearing on the Green List does not automatically indicate that flights are available, as this depends on the local airlines’ commercial demand for such flights. Please contact the airlines directly to inquire about their schedules.
Passengers are required to complete an electronic application on www.visitjordan.gov.jo prior to travel and receive an acceptance QR code minimum 24 hours before the flight. The website is expected to be active soon.
In addition, passengers must meet the following conditions to enter Jordan:
- Have a PCR test with a negative result for a maximum 72 hours before departure.
- Have valid health insurance that covers COVID-19 treatment for the entire period of the intended visit (this does not apply to those holding Jordanian nationality).
- Complete and submit passenger health declaration and locator forms which can be found on: visitjordan.gov.jo.
- Complete a required PCR test at the airport upon arrival to Jordan. A payment of 40 JOD is required online in advance. Please expect to wait 2 – 3 hours at the airport for results to process. If the result is positive, passengers will be turned away.
- Install jo application on your mobile device. The application helps to accelerate the detection of coronavirus cases in its early stages by informing the user if they had contact with an infected person, so the user can seek appropriate medical attention.
Important Note: There is a 10,000 JOD fine for violations of the requirements listed above. Final details on the Government of Jordan’s plan are not fully settled. U.S. citizens should look for future updates before traveling to Jordan.
Please continue to visit our COVID-19 website for updated information and we encourage you to enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive our notifications. Email us at email@example.com if you have questions not addressed in this message.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information about COVID-19.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19: https://jo.usembassy.gov/covid-19-information/ for more information about travel restrictions and closures in Jordan.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States.
- Monitor local media for updates and adhere to Government of Jordan restrictions and instructions.
- U.S. Embassy Amman, Jordan
Al-Umawyeen 37, Amman, Jordan
Phone number: +962 6 590-6000, +962 6 590-6500 (after hours emergencies only)
- Email address: Amman-ACS@state.gov
- Embassy/Consulate website: https://jo.usembassy.gov/
- State Department – Consular Affairs: 888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Jordan Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates and follow us on Facebook