Event: 24-Hour Comprehensive Curfew
On September 2, 2020, the Government of Jordan announced it will impose a 24-hour comprehensive curfew in Amman and Zarqa governorates from Thursday, September 3 at 11:00 p.m. through Friday, September 4 at 11:00 p.m. As with previous comprehensive curfews, no one should move outside the home during this period without a valid movement pass and authorization from the Government of Jordan.
- In addition to the comprehensive curfew, the daily evening curfew remains in effect nationwide from 11 p.m. through 6 a.m. for individuals, and from 10 p.m. to 6 a.m. for commercial establishments, e.g. restaurants, shops, and malls.
- U.S. citizens are encouraged to abide by all movement restrictions imposed by the Government of Jordan. Individuals traveling to the airport during the comprehensive curfew must carry their confirmed flight ticket.
- Travel between governorates is not suspended during this period. However, U.S. citizens should prepare to shelter in place if the curfew expanded to additional governorates.
U.S. citizens are encouraged to follow local news media for all updates regarding the evolving situation in Jordan.
Please continue to visit our COVID-19 website for updated information and we encourage you to enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive our notifications. Email us at email@example.com if you have questions not addressed in this message.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information about COVID-19.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19: https://jo.usembassy.gov/covid-19-information/ for more information about travel restrictions and closures in Jordan.
- Monitor local media for updates and adhere to Government of Jordan restrictions and instructions.
- U.S. Embassy Amman, Jordan
Al-Umawyeen 37, Amman, Jordan
Phone number: +962 6 590-6000, +962 6 590-6500 (after hours emergencies only)
- Email address: Amman-ACS@state.gov
- Embassy/Consulate website: https://jo.usembassy.gov/
- State Department – Consular Affairs: 888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Jordan Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates and follow us on Facebook.