August 27, 2020
Event: Comprehensive Curfew and Daily Evening Curfew Hours
Due to the increased number of COVID-19 cases in Jordan, the Government of Jordan will implement a comprehensive curfew in two governorates, including Amman.
- On August 26, 2020, the Government of Jordan announced it will impose a comprehensive curfew in Amman and Zarqa from Thursday, August 27 at 11:00 p.m. through Saturday, August 29 at 6:00 a.m. As with previous comprehensive curfews, no one should move outside the home during this period.
- In addition to the comprehensive curfew, there is a daily evening curfew in effect nationwide from 11 p.m. through 6 a.m. for individuals, and from 10 p.m. to 6 a.m. for commercial establishments, e.g. restaurants, shops, and malls.
- U.S. citizens are encouraged to abide by all movement restrictions imposed by the Government of Jordan. Individuals traveling to the airport during the comprehensive curfew must carry their confirmed flight ticket. Additionally, anyone moving about during curfew hours must have a valid movement pass issued by the Government of Jordan.
- On Tuesday, August 25, 2020 at 12 p.m., the Government of Jordan implemented a lockdown for the city of Sahab, located in the southeast of the Amman governate, until the epidemiological situation in the city stabilizes.
- Since Sunday, August 23, religious services have been suspended. Many religious organizations are broadcasting their services over the Internet.
- Travel between governorates is not suspended during this period. However, U.S. citizens are encouraged to be prepared to shelter in place if the curfew is imposed and expanded to additional governorates or to include restrictions on movement among governorates.
U.S. citizens are encouraged to follow local news media for all updates regarding the evolving situation in Jordan.
Please continue to visit our COVID-19 website for updated information and we encourage you to enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive our notifications. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions not addressed in this message.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information about COVID-19.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19: https://jo.usembassy.gov/covid-19-information/ for more information about travel restrictions and closures in Jordan.
- Monitor local media for updates and adhere to Government of Jordan restrictions and instructions.
- U.S. Embassy Amman, Jordan
Al-Umawyeen 37, Amman, Jordan
Phone number: +962 6 590-6000, +962 6 590-6500 (after hours emergencies only)
- Email address: Amman-ACS@state.gov
- Embassy/Consulate website: https://jo.usembassy.gov/
- State Department – Consular Affairs: 888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Jordan Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates and follow us on Facebook.