Event: CDC Requirement for Negative COVID-19 Test Prior to Arrival in the United States
Effective January 26, based on a U.S. Centers for Disease Control (CDC) decision, the U.S. government requires all airline passengers to the United States, ages two years and older, to provide evidence of a negative COVID-19 viral test taken within three calendar days of travel. Alternatively, travelers to the United States may provide documentation from a licensed health care provider of having recovered from COVID-19 in the 90 days preceding travel. Further information on these requirements can be found on the CDC website, which includes frequently asked questions.
U.S. citizens in Jordan may use any of the Government-approved testing labs (list is Arabic only) when receiving their COVID-19 viral test (NAAT or antigen). Some of these Government-approved labs which provide a qualifying viral test include: Biolabs, Alsultan Laboratories, Precision Medical Laboratories, Med Laboratories, The Specialty Hospital, Mega Labs, Quest Labs, and Geno Labs. Travelers will pay any costs related to their COVID-19 testing. Please check the Government of Jordan’s COVID-19 website for further details on COVID-19 testing locations. Travelers should consult with the testing lab to ensure test results will be available to meet their planned travel timeline.
Air passengers flying to the United States will be required to provide evidence of a negative test result directly to the airline in advance of their travel or at the airport on the day of their departure. Passengers may also be required to fill out an attestation that the negative test result is accurate prior to boarding a flight. Accordingly, travelers to the United States should check with their air carrier or travel representative prior to departure for these requirements.
For further information on this new policy, as well as other important COVID-19 information for U.S. citizens in Jordan, please visit the Embassy’s COVID-19 website. We also encourage you to enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive our notifications. Email us at email@example.com if you have questions not addressed in this message.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information about COVID-19.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19: https://jo.usembassy.gov/covid-19-information/ for more information about travel restrictions and closures in Jordan.
- Monitor local media for updates and adhere to Government of Jordan restrictions and instructions.
- U.S. Embassy Amman, Jordan, Al-Umawyeen 37, Amman, Jordan, Phone number: +962 6 590-6000, +962 6 590-6500 (after hours emergencies only)
- Email address: Amman-ACS@state.gov
- Embassy/Consulate website: https://jo.usembassy.gov/
- State Department – Consular Affairs: 888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Jordan Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates and follow us on Facebook.