Event: Closure through July 1, 2020 of Queen Alia International Airport in Amman
On May 29, the Government of Jordan announced that Queen Alia International Airport in Amman will remain closed for routine passenger flights until at least July 1, 2020.
For information about special commercial flights to the United States, please contact the airlines directly to inquire about their schedules. The U.S. Embassy in Amman continues to look at all options to support U.S. citizens in Jordan and notes that the availability of specific transportation options may change without notice.
Please continue to visit our COVID-19 website for updated information and we encourage you to enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive our notifications. Email us at email@example.com if you have questions not addressed in this message.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information about COVID-19.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19: https://jo.usembassy.gov/covid-19-information/ for more information about travel restrictions and closures in Jordan
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States.
- Monitor local media for updates and adhere to Government of Jordan restrictions and instructions.
- U.S. Embassy Amman, Jordan
Al-Umawyeen 37, Amman, Jordan
Phone number: +962 6 590-6000, +962 6 590-6500 (after hours emergencies only)