Event: Effective March 16, at 11:59 pm, Queen Alia Airport in Amman closed for passenger flights until further notice. However, the following airlines are striving to provide limited flights out of Jordan for U.S. citizens:
- Royal Jordanian Airlines: Amman to U.S. on March 27 at 12:00 PM (noon).
- Qatar Airlines: Amman to Doha to U.S. on March 27 at 1:00 AM.
Travelers must purchase tickets on these flights directly through the AlWoujdan travel agency. Those wishing to purchase tickets should fill out a travel request form by 10:00 a.m. on March 25. The travel agency will then contact travelers on a first-come, first-served basis by March 26 to discuss the travel request.
Ticket pricing is set by the airlines and will be communicated at the time of booking. The tickets are estimated to cost between $1800 and $2300 per one-way ticket to the U.S. (for Royal Jordanian) and Doha (for Qatar Airways). The travel agency will only be able to make flight reservations for first point of entry to the U.S. Onward flights within the U.S. must be purchased separately by the traveler.
Information about transportation to Queen Alia International Airport will be provided to ticket holders at a later time. Ticket holders must be prepared to secure their own transportation to the airport. Ticket holders also must be prepared to be medically screened prior to boarding any flight.
Visit the local government COVID-19 website for updated information on the outbreak.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines, cruise lines, or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19: https://jo.usembassy.gov/covid-19-information/ for more information about travel restrictions and closures in Jordan.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States
- Monitor local media for updates and adhere to Government of Jordan restrictions and instructions.
- U.S. Embassy Amman, Jordan
Al-Umawyeen 37, Amman, Jordan
Phone number: +962 6 590-6000, +962 6 590-6500 (after hours emergencies only)
- Email address: Amman-ACS@state.gov
- Embassy/Consulate website: https://jo.usembassy.gov/
- State Department – Consular Affairs: 888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Jordan Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Facebook