Health Alert – Comprehensive Curfew on Friday, April 3 (April 1, 2020)
Event: On March 31, 2020 the Government of Jordan announced there will be a comprehensive 24-hour curfew starting on Friday, April 3, at 12:00 a.m. (00:00). All shops will be closed during this period. U.S. citizens should avoid traveling outside their homes during this strict curfew period. Queen Alia International Airport in Amman is closed for passenger flights until further notice.
The Embassy continues to look at all options to support U.S. citizens in Jordan. As new information becomes available, we will share it with U.S. citizens.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC websitefor the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.govfor the latest information
- Check with your airlines, cruise lines, or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19: https://jo.usembassy.gov/covid-19-information/for more information about travel restrictions and closures in Jordan
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s websiteon the latest travel restrictions to the United States.
- Monitor local media for updates and adhere to Government of Jordan restrictions and instructions.
- U.S. Embassy Amman, Jordan
Al-Umawyeen 37, Amman, Jordan
Phone number: +962 6 590-6000, +962 6 590-6500 (after hours emergencies only)
- Email address: Amman-ACS@state.gov
- Embassy/Consulate website: https://jo.usembassy.gov/
- State Department – Consular Affairs: 888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Jordan Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP)to receive security updates and follow us on Facebook