Event: As the Government of Jordan had previously suspended regular commercial flights through April 27, 2020, some airlines have been selling tickets for regular commercial flights to and from Amman starting April 28. However, the Government of Jordan has now extended the suspension of regular commercial flights through May 11, so it is likely that all flights through May 11 will be cancelled. Airlines may offer a refund or voucher to customers who purchased tickets on flights through May 11.
We are considering all options to assist U.S. citizens in Jordan. Please continue to visit our COVID-19 website for updated information. We encourage you to enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive our notifications.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information
- Check with your airlines, cruise lines, or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19:https://jo.usembassy.gov/covid-19-information/ for more information about travel restrictions and closures in Jordan
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States.
- Monitor local media for updates and adhere to Government of Jordan restrictions and instructions.
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions not answered in this message or on our COVID-19 website.
- U.S. Embassy Amman, Jordan
- Al-Umawyeen 37, Amman, Jordan
- Phone number: +962 6 590-6000, +962 6 590-6500 (after hours emergencies only)
- Email address: Amman-ACS@state.gov
- Embassy/Consulate website: https://jo.usembassy.gov/
- State Department – Consular Affairs: 888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Jordan Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates and follow us on Facebook