Health Alert- Friday Curfews, Eid Holiday Restrictions, and Transport to Airport (May 13, 2020)
Event: Friday Curfews and Eid Holiday Restrictions and Transport to Airport (May 13, 2020)
On May 11, the Government of Jordan announced a comprehensive curfew will be imposed in the Kingdom every Friday until further notice.
All travelers from any governorate with purchased Royal Jordanian Airline tickets for the May 15 and May 16 flights to the United States are exempt from the comprehensive curfew and can travel to the airport. Passengers on these flights should carry a copy of their ticket, and their drivers should carry a copy of the ticket for the return drive after dropping off travelers at the airport. Passengers are responsible for their own transportation to the airport for these flights.
On May 11, the Government of Jordan announced the Eid-Al-Fitr holiday will take place from Saturday morning, May 23 to Monday evening, May 25. The use of vehicles is prohibited on May 23. Vehicle use is permitted on May 24 and May 25, but all governorates must follow the even/odd license plate policy. Please check the Facebook page of the Jordanian Traffic Police to find out which days are considered “even/odd”.
Travel between governorates remains prohibited except for those holding permits.
Please continue to visit our COVID-19 website for updated information and we encourage you to enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive our notifications. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions not addressed in this message.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information about COVID-19.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19: https://jo.usembassy.gov/covid-19-information/ for more information about travel restrictions and closures in Jordan
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States.
- Monitor local media for updates and adhere to Government of Jordan restrictions and instructions.
- U.S. Embassy Amman, Jordan
Al-Umawyeen 37, Amman, Jordan
Phone number: +962 6 590-6000, +962 6 590-6500 (after hours emergencies only)
Email address: Amman-ACS@state.gov
Embassy/Consulate website: https://jo.usembassy.gov/
- State Department – Consular Affairs: 888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Jordan Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates and follow us on Facebook