Event: The Jordanian Ministry of Health confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Jordan.
On March 20, 2020, the Government of Jordan announced a nationwide curfew beginning Saturday, March 21 at 7:00 a.m. The curfew prohibits the movement of people and closes all shops. On Tuesday morning, March 24, the Government of Jordan will announce times for citizens to shop for essential items. People who are found in violation of the curfew order will be immediately imprisoned for up to a year. The Jordanian Civil Defense will sound air raid sirens March 21 at 7:00 a.m. to signal the beginning of the curfew.
U.S. citizens in Jordan seeking emergency assistance should email the U.S. Embassy at email@example.com. Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates and check the U.S. Embassy’s COVID-19 website for updates.
Travelers should be prepared for travel restrictions to be put into effect with little or no advance notice.
On March 14, the Department of State authorized the departure from any diplomatic or consular post in the world of US personnel and family members who have been medically determined to be at higher risk of a poor outcome if exposed to COVID-19.
The Department of State has issued a Global Level 4 Health Advisory for COVID-19.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has issued a Level 2 Global COVID-19 Outbreak Notice.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has issued a Level 3 Warning for COVID-19 in Europe advising travelers to avoid non-essential travel to Europe.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines, cruise lines, or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19:. https://jo.usembassy.gov/covid-19-information/ for more information about travel restrictions and closures in Jordan.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States
Monitor local media for updates and adhere to Government of Jordan restrictions and instructions.
- U.S. Embassy Amman, Jordan
Al-Umawyeen 37, Amman, Jordan
Phone number: +962 6 590-6000, +962 6 590-6500 (after hours)
Email address: Amman-ACS@state.gov
Embassy/Consulate website: https://jo.usembassy.gov/
- State Department – Consular Affairs: 888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Jordan Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Facebook