Event: As of March 17, 2020, the Government of Jordan will suspend all flights to and from Jordan. U.S. citizen tourists should contact their airlines to change their flights accordingly. Land and sea borders are closed to passenger traffic. Travelers should be prepared for travel restrictions to be put into effect with little or no advance notice.
For further information about travel restrictions and closures of tourist sites, schools, and public events in Jordan, please visit the U.S. Embassy’s COVID-19 webpage at the following link: https://jo.usembassy.gov/covid-19-information/.
For updates about COVID-19 travel restrictions elsewhere in the world (including the United States), please consult https://travel.state.gov/content/travel.html which includes information for U.S. citizens returning to the U.S. from Europe, cruise ship passengers, and U.S. citizen students abroad.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website, for the most up-to-date information regarding enhanced screening procedures in the United States.
- Check with the airlines regarding any flight cancellations and/or restrictions on flying.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer if soap and water are not available.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when coughing or sneezing.
- U.S. Embassy Amman, Jordan
- Phone number: +962 6 590-6000, +962 6 590-6500 (after hours)
- Email address: Amman-ACS@state.gov
- Embassy/Consulate website: https://jo.usembassy.gov/
- State Department – Consular Affairs: 888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Jordan Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Facebook