Event: On March 17, 2020 the Government of Jordan announced that as of 8:00am on March 18, they will implement country-wide restrictions of movement and closures of businesses and government offices to protect public health.
Effective March 18, 2020, U.S. Embassy Amman has suspended routine consular services. For emergency American Citizens Services, including emergency passports, please visit our website for additional information. U.S. citizens in Jordan seeking emergency assistance should email the U.S. Embassy at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Travelers should be prepared for travel restrictions to be put into effect with little or no advance notice.
For further information about travel restrictions and closures in Jordan, please visit the U.S. Embassy’s COVID-19 webpage at the following link: https://jo.usembassy.gov/covid-19-information/.
For updates about COVID-19 travel restrictions elsewhere in the world (including the United States), please consult https://travel.state.gov/content/travel.html which includes information for U.S. citizens returning to the U.S. from Europe, cruise ship passengers, and U.S. citizen students abroad.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Monitor local media for updates and adhere to Government of Jordan restrictions and instructions.
- U.S. Embassy Amman, Jordan
Al-Umawyeen 37, Amman, Jordan
- Phone number: +962 6 590-6000, +962 6 590-6500 (after hours)
- Email address: Amman-ACS@state.gov
- Embassy/Consulate website: https://jo.usembassy.gov/
- State Department – Consular Affairs: 888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Jordan Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Facebook