Health Alert – May 8 Comprehensive Curfew, Updated Guidance on Movement Restrictions and Commercial Flights (May 7, 2020)
Event: May 8 Comprehensive Curfew, Updated Guidance on Movement Restrictions and Commercial Flights (May 7, 2020)
On May 6, 2020, the Government of Jordan announced it will impose another comprehensive curfew from Friday, May 8, at 12:01 am through Saturday, May 9, at 12:00 am. As with previous comprehensive curfews, no one should move outside the home during this period. Normal restrictions are in place from midnight to 8:00 am Saturday. For emergencies, call 911.
On May 4, 2020, the Government of Jordan extended the suspension of regular commercial flights through May 25. Airlines may offer a refund or voucher to customers who purchased tickets on regular commercial flights through May 25.
The Government of Jordan announced on April 4 that borders and airports will remain closed until after Ramadan, which is expected to conclude around May 23. U.S. citizens in Jordan should be prepared to remain in Jordan at this time. The U.S. Embassy in Amman continues to look at all options to support U.S. citizens and as new information becomes available, we will share it on our website.
Please continue to visit our COVID-19 website for updated information and we encourage you to enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive our notifications. Email us at email@example.com if you have questions not addressed on our website.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information about COVID-19.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19: https://jo.usembassy.gov/covid-19-information/ for more information about travel restrictions and closures in Jordan
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States.
- Monitor local media for updates and adhere to Government of Jordan restrictions and instructions.
- U.S. Embassy Amman, Jordan
Al-Umawyeen 37, Amman, Jordan
Phone number: +962 6 590-6000, +962 6 590-6500 (after hours emergencies only)
Email address: Amman-ACS@state.gov
Embassy/Consulate website: https://jo.usembassy.gov/
- State Department – Consular Affairs: 888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Jordan Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates and follow us on Facebook