Event: October 9-10, 2020 Comprehensive Curfew
On October 6, 2020, the Government of Jordan announced it will impose a nationwide, comprehensive curfew on Fridays and Saturdays until further notice. The curfews will begin regularly at 12 a.m. on Friday morning until 12 a.m. on Sunday morning. The first curfew will begin on Friday, October 9. As with previous comprehensive curfews, no one should move outside the home during this period. The curfew only excludes medical personnel and those whose work is necessary to service health emergencies.
- The Government of Jordan announced the army will be deployed across the Kingdom to ensure the curfew is observed. Violators of the curfew will be subject to fines up to 1,000 JD for their first offense and up to one year in prison and additional fines for repeated offenses.
- In addition to the comprehensive curfew, the daily evening curfew remains in effect nationwide from 1 a.m. through 6 a.m. for individuals, and from 12 a.m. to 6 a.m. for commercial establishments.
- U.S. citizens should abide by all movement restrictions imposed by the Government of Jordan. Individuals traveling to the airport during the comprehensive curfew must carry their confirmed flight ticket.
U.S. citizens are encouraged to follow local news media for all updates regarding the evolving situation in Jordan.
Please continue to visit our COVID-19 website for updated information and we encourage you to enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive our notifications. Email us at email@example.com if you have questions not addressed in this message.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information about COVID-19.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19: https://jo.usembassy.gov/covid-19-information/ for more information about travel restrictions and closures in Jordan.
- Monitor local media for updates and adhere to Government of Jordan restrictions and instructions.
- U.S. Embassy Amman, Jordan
Al-Umawyeen 37, Amman, Jordan
Phone number: +962 6 590-6000, +962 6 590-6500 (after hours emergencies only)
- Email address: Amman-ACS@state.gov
- Embassy/Consulate website: https://jo.usembassy.gov/
- State Department – Consular Affairs: 888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Jordan Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates and follow us on Facebook.