Event: Queen Alia International Airport in Amman is closed for commercial passenger flights until further notice. However, Qatar Airways will offer a commercial passenger flight from Amman to Doha at 1:15 AM on April 2. The flight will offer connections to New York, Chicago, Dulles, and Miami. The U.S. Embassy is aware other embassies are working with Qatar Airways to also book tickets for their citizens on this flight. Travelers should purchase tickets directly from the airline at https://www.qatarairways.com/en/homepage.html.
After purchasing, travelers should send an email to email@example.com with a copy of the confirmed ticket. The U.S. Embassy will contact each ticketed passenger directly to advise on transportation to the airport.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information
- Check with your airlines, cruise lines, or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19:https://jo.usembassy.gov/covid-19-information/ for more information about travel restrictions and closures in Jordan
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States.
- Monitor local media for updates and adhere to Government of Jordan restrictions and instructions.
- U.S. Embassy Amman, Jordan
Al-Umawyeen 37, Amman, Jordan
Phone number: +962 6 590-6000, +962 6 590-6500 (after hours emergencies only)