Event: Resumption of Friday Comprehensive Curfews and New Daily Curfew Hours
On February 24, the Government of Jordan announced the resumption of the Friday comprehensive curfew starting on February 26. The Friday comprehensive curfew will begin at 10 p.m. Thursdays and end at 6 a.m. Saturdays. In addition to the Friday comprehensive curfew, the daily curfew will now start at 9 p.m. for businesses and 10 p.m. for individuals, with both ending at 6:00 a.m. the following day. As with previous comprehensive curfews, no one should move outside the home during this period.
U.S. citizens in Jordan should be aware these conditions could change at any time, and check regularly the U.S. Embassy website and media reports for important updates.
- Violators of the curfew will be subject to fines up to 1,000 JD for their first offense and up to one year in prison and additional fines for repeated offenses.
- There are limited exceptions to the Friday and daily curfews for emergency and critical work purposes. S. citizens are encouraged to check the Embassy’s COVID-19 page for more information. Most importantly, individuals with a valid flight ticket are exempt from the curfews for transportation to and from the airport.
Change in Service Hours: The hours for U.S. citizens to pick up their passports and Consular Reports of Birth Abroad will now take place on Sundays and Wednesdays from 1:00 p.m. to 2:00 p.m.
Please continue to visit our COVID-19 website for updated information and we encourage you to enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive our notifications. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions not addressed in this message.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information about COVID-19.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19: https://jo.usembassy.gov/covid-19-information/ for more information about travel restrictions and closures in Jordan.
- Monitor local media for updates and adhere to Government of Jordan restrictions and instructions.
- U.S. Embassy Amman, Jordan
Al-Umawyeen 37, Amman, Jordan
Phone number: +962 6 590-6000, +962 6 590-6500 (after hours emergencies only)
Email address: Amman-ACS@state.gov
Embassy/Consulate website: https://jo.usembassy.gov/
- State Department – Consular Affairs: 888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Jordan Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates and follow us on Facebook.