Event: Flights to the United States (May 11, 2020)
The U.S. Embassy is aware that Royal Jordanian Airlines is offering flights from Amman to Chicago tentatively scheduled for May 15 and May 16. Travelers should purchase tickets directly through Royal Jordanian Airlines. Passengers should also arrange their own transportation to Queen Alia International Airport, noting that May 15 is a Friday and that the Government of Jordan has instituted total lockdowns on previous Fridays. If you live outside the Amman governorate, you should apply for a one-time transit pass at your local governor’s office to travel to the airport.
All questions about the flight, baggage, safety procedures, transportation to the airport, and using or refunding previously purchased Royal Jordanian tickets should be directed to Royal Jordanian at +962 (0)6 5202030.
The U.S. Embassy in Amman continues to look at all options to support U.S. citizens in Jordan and notes that the availability of specific transportation options may change without notice.
Please continue to visit our COVID-19 website for updated information and we encourage you to enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive our notifications. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions not addressed in this message.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information about COVID-19.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19: https://jo.usembassy.gov/covid-19-information/ for more information about travel restrictions and closures in Jordan
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States.
- Monitor local media for updates and adhere to Government of Jordan restrictions and instructions.
- U.S. Embassy Amman, Jordan
Al-Umawyeen 37, Amman, Jordan
Phone number: +962 6 590-6000, +962 6 590-6500 (after hours emergencies only)