Event: Special Commercial Royal Jordanian Flight to the United States and Suspension of Regular Commercial Flights
On May 21, the Government of Jordan announced the continued suspension of regular commercial passenger flights to and from Queen Alia International Airport through June 4, 2020.
The U.S. Embassy is aware that Royal Jordanian Airlines is offering a special commercial flight from Amman to Chicago on June 6. All individuals interested in traveling on this flight should purchase tickets directly through Royal Jordanian Airlines and arrange their own transportation to Queen Alia International Airport. In contrast to previous flights, the Embassy is not developing a list of interested passengers for this flight nor will it have a role in approving which travelers are allowed to purchase tickets. All ticket sales are fully at the discretion of the airline. All passengers are responsible for ensuring they have the required travel documentation necessary for departure from Jordan and entry into the United States.
All questions about the flight, including ticket prices, baggage, safety procedures, transportation to the airport, and using or refunding previously purchased Royal Jordanian tickets should be directed to Royal Jordanian at +962 (0)6 5202030.
The U.S. Embassy in Amman continues to look at all options to support U.S. citizens in Jordan and notes that the availability of specific transportation options may change without notice.
Please continue to visit our COVID-19 website for updated information and we encourage you to enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive our notifications. Email us at email@example.com if you have questions not addressed in this message.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information about COVID-19.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19: https://jo.usembassy.gov/covid-19-information/ for more information about travel restrictions and closures in Jordan
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States.
- Monitor local media for updates and adhere to Government of Jordan restrictions and instructions.
- U.S. Embassy Amman, Jordan
Al-Umawyeen 37, Amman, Jordan
Phone number: +962 6 590-6000, +962 6 590-6500 (after hours emergencies only)
- Email address: Amman-ACS@state.gov
- Embassy/Consulate website: https://jo.usembassy.gov/
- State Department – Consular Affairs: 888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Jordan Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates and follow us on Facebook