Event: Three Border Crossings to Open with Limited Capacity
On October 25, 2020, the Government of Jordan announced that it would open three land border crossings to Jordanian, Palestinian, and Saudi travelers starting Thursday, October 29. The border crossings of King Hussein Bridge, Sheikh Hussein Bridge, and Al-Mudawara will operate with a limited capacity, and individuals will be subject to Jordanian health regulations and procedures upon entry, including COVID-19 testing and home quarantine. U.S. citizens, who do not also have Jordanian, Palestinian, or Saudi nationality, will not be allowed to cross at this time.
- King Hussein Bridge will allow 150 travelers to cross every day, while Sheikh Hussein Bridge and Al-Mudawara will allow 100 travelers to cross per day.
- Individuals must register on the platform https://www.visitjordan.gov.jo and obtain a QR code in advance. They must also be able to cover the cost (currently 35 JD) of the PCR test that will be conducted at the border crossing. Individuals arriving at the border without registering and receiving approval through the platform will not be allowed to cross.
- After crossing the border, travelers must quarantine in their homes or places of residence for one week according to the same rules as incoming flight passengers. More information about home quarantine procedures can be found here.
- Private vehicles will be allowed to cross the borders but will be disinfected upon entry into Jordan. The Jordanian Land Transport Regulatory Commission will provide public transportation from the border for those that do not cross with private vehicles.
Jordan’s borders and health regulations are subject to change at any time, and U.S. citizens are encouraged to follow local news media for all updates regarding the evolving situation in Jordan.
Please continue to visit our COVID-19 website for updated information and we encourage you to enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive our notifications. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions not addressed in this message.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information about COVID-19.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19: https://jo.usembassy.gov/covid-19-information/ for more information about travel restrictions and closures in Jordan.
- Monitor local media for updates and adhere to Government of Jordan restrictions and instructions.
- U.S. Embassy Amman, Jordan
Al-Umawyeen 37, Amman, Jordan
Phone number: +962 6 590-6000, +962 6 590-6500 (after hours emergencies only)