Health Alert – Upcoming Departure Flights and COVID-19 update for Jordan (June 7, 2020)
Event: Upcoming Departure Flights and COVID-19 update for Jordan
The U.S. Embassy is aware that Royal Jordanian Airlines and Qatar Airways are offering departure flights from Queen Alia International Airport during the next 10 days. For all information about these special commercial flights to the United States, please contact the airlines directly. The U.S. Embassy in Amman continues to look at all options to support U.S. citizens in Jordan and notes that the availability of specific transportation options may change without notice.
On June 4, 2020, the Government of Jordan announced the launch of a website which provides updates and FAQs about the COVID-19 situation in Jordan and explains the re-opening of the country’s various sectors. Information on this website is available in English. At the present time, social gatherings may include up to 20 people with social distancing and people may move outside the home from between 6:00 a.m. and 12:00 midnight every day.
The following will remain closed: wedding halls, condolence houses, youth activities (such as scout camps), cinemas, public parks, play areas, entertainment centers, schools and kindergartens, universities, colleges and institutes, and training and cultural centers, and businesses that organize weddings, conferences, exhibitions, cultural events and festivals.
Please continue to visit our COVID-19 website for updated information and we encourage you to enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive our notifications. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions not addressed in this message.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information about COVID-19.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19: https://jo.usembassy.gov/covid-19-information/ for more information about travel restrictions and closures in Jordan
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States.
- Monitor local media for updates and adhere to Government of Jordan restrictions and instructions.
- U.S. Embassy Amman, Jordan
Al-Umawyeen 37, Amman, Jordan
Phone number: +962 6 590-6000, +962 6 590-6500 (after hours emergencies only)