Health Alert- Updated Eid Holiday Curfew and Movement Restrictions (May 20, 2020)
Event: Updated Eid Holiday Curfew and Movement Restrictions
On May 20, the Government of Jordan announced the following updated Eid holiday curfew and movement restrictions:
- Regular evening curfew hours will begin at 11:00 p.m. on May 20 and on May 21. People may move on foot or by car (even/odd license plate policy) on May 20 and May 21 between 8:00 a.m. and 11:00 p.m.
- A comprehensive curfew will begin on Thursday, May 21 at 11:00 p.m. and continue until Monday, May 25 at 8:00 a.m. No one should move outside the home during this period. For emergencies, call 911.
- Regular (8:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.) curfew restrictions will resume on Monday, May 25 with the odd/even vehicle usage system.
Please continue to visit our COVID-19 website for updated information and we encourage you to enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive our notifications. Email us at email@example.com if you have questions not addressed in this message.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information about COVID-19.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for comprehensive traveler information.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19: https://jo.usembassy.gov/covid-19-information/ for more information about travel restrictions and closures in Jordan.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States.
- Monitor local media for updates and adhere to Government of Jordan restrictions and instructions.
- U.S. Embassy Amman, Jordan
Al-Umawyeen 37, Amman, Jordan
Phone number: +962 6 590-6000, +962 6 590-6500 (after hours emergencies only)
Email address: Amman-ACS@state.gov
Embassy/Consulate website: https://jo.usembassy.gov/
- State Department – Consular Affairs: 888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Jordan Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP)to receive security updates and follow us on Facebook