Make Sure You Are Ready to Vote!

Just voted in November?  Still traveling or living overseas?  You should register and request your absentee ballot to vote again in 2017 to ensure your election office knows where to send your ballot for any upcoming special elections for federal office.  Some states are also holding gubernatorial or other statewide elections this year.

The Federal Voting Assistance Program (FVAP) recommends all overseas U.S. citizens send in a completed Federal Post Card Application (FPCA) early every year.  The FPCA is the registration and ballot request form accepted by all states and territories.

You can use the FPCA online assistant or complete the fillable PDF version.You can drop off your completed voter registration, addressed to your local election officials, any work day (Sunday through Thursday, excluding U.S. and Jordanian holidays) from 3 to 4 p.m. You must have an addressed and postage paid envelope to mail your FPCA.  Check your state’s instructions to find out if you can e-mail or fax your FPCA.  Be sure your contact information is accurate in case your election office needs to reach you.

If you’d like more information on the Federal Voting Assistance Program or need help with the absentee voting process please go to or call FVAP at 703-588-1584 (toll free 1-800-438-VOTE or DSN 425-1584) or email

Toll-free phone numbers from 67 countries are listed at Find FVAP on Facebook at follow @FVAP on Twitter.

Remember, your vote counts!

For further information: