Event: As of February 2, the Government of Jordan reports there are no known cases of novel Coronavirus in Jordan.
As a precaution the Government of Jordan is implementing quarantine measures for travelers arriving with fevers and travel histories suggesting possible presence of the novel Coronavirus. All travelers arriving at Jordanian airports and land borders will be screened. Travelers displaying symptoms of the virus and with travel histories indicating possible exposure will be immediately moved to Al Bashir hospital in Amman for a 14-day quarantine.
Travelers should be prepared for additional travel restrictions to be put into effect with little or no advance notice.
Actions to Take:
• Consult the CDC website, for the most up-to-date information regarding enhanced screening procedures in the United States.
• Check with the airlines regarding any flight cancellations and/or restrictions on flying.
• Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer if soap and water are not available.
• Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands.
• Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
• Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when coughing or sneezing.
• Seek medical care right away, if you traveled to Wuhan and feel sick or were exposed to someone who was in Wuhan in the last six weeks who has fever, cough, or difficulty breathing.
• U.S. Embassy Amman, Jordan
• Phone number: +962 6 590-6000, +962 6 590-6500 (after hours)
• Email address: Amman-ACS@state.gov
• Embassy/Consulate website: https://jo.usembassy.gov/
• State Department – Consular Affairs: 888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
• Jordan Country Information
• Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
• Follow us on Facebook