June 30, 2021
Event: Resumption of Notarial Services, Updated Call Hours, and Passport Pick-up Services
Due to the improved COVID-19 situation in Jordan, the Consular Section of the U.S. Embassy is resuming all services offered by the American Citizens Services (ACS) unit. Please see the following changes to our ACS procedures and hours.
- The ACS unit will resume all notarial services on July 1, 2021. For notarial appointments, please make an appointment online here.
- Starting on July 5, 2021, U.S. citizens with inquiries may call the ACS unit at (+962-6) 590-6950 during our new phone hours from 2:00 p.m. and 3:00 p.m. Sunday through Thursday. Outside of these hours, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Starting July 7, 2021, our new passport and Consular Report of Birth Abroad pick-up hours will be Sundays and Wednesdays between 3:00 p.m. and 4:00 p.m. except for any Jordanian or U.S. official holidays. There is no need to schedule an appointment. Please bring both the receipt and your old U.S. passport.
- U.S. Embassy Amman accepts in-person drop-off of absentee ballots Sunday through Wednesday from 11:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. on a walk-in basis. Please bring your completed ballot in an unsealed envelope to the U.S. Embassy’s Consular section for drop-off service.
As a reminder, applicants will be required to wear masks and use hand sanitizer during their appointment. Please do not arrive more than 15 minutes prior to your scheduled appointment. If you arrive more than 15 minutes after your scheduled appointment time, you will not be permitted to enter the Embassy, and you will have to re-schedule your appointment.
- U.S. Embassy Amman, Jordan
- Al-Umawyeen 37, Amman, Jordan
- Phone number: +962 6 590-6000, +962 6 590-6500 (after hours emergencies only)
- Email address: Amman-ACS@state.gov
- Embassy/Consulate website: https://jo.usembassy.gov/
- State Department – Consular Affairs: 888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Jordan Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates and follow us on Facebook