The Transportation Security Administration (TSA), in consultation with relevant Departments and Agencies, has determined it is prudent to enhance security, to include airport security procedures for passengers at certain last point of departure airports to the United States. These enhancements include more stringent measures applied to 10 specific airports, to include Queen Alia International Airport (AMM).
The enhancement in security will require that all personal electronic devices (PEDs) larger than a cell phone or smart phone be placed in checked baggage. Approved medical devices may be brought into the cabin after additional screening.
Airlines were notified on March 21 at 08:00 EDT. They have 96 hours within which to comply. For more information on these security enhancements, please contact your air carrier or visit the Department of Homeland Security website.
For additional detailed information regarding Jordan and travel abroad:
- See the State Department’s travel website for the Worldwide Caution, Travel Warnings and Travel Alerts, including the Department of State’s Travel Warning for Jordan and Country Information for Jordan.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security messages and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- The U.S. Embassy in Amman is located on Al-Umawiyyeen Street, Abdoun, P.O. Box 354. The telephone number is  (6) 590-6000, the fax number is  (6) 592-4102 and our email is Amman-ACS@state.gov. The after-hours emergency telephone number is  (6) 590-6500.
- Call 1-888-407-4747 toll-free in the United States and Canada or 1-202-501-4444 from other countries from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday (except U.S. federal holidays).
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.