Social Security representatives from U.S. Consulate Jerusalem regional Federal Benefits Unit will visit Embassy Amman to provide in-person services to clients on October, 27, 2016. If you have any issues related to federal benefits, including Social Security, that require special attention, please schedule an appointment as spots are limited. To schedule an appointment, please send an email to Amman-ACS@state.gov with the subject line “FBU Outreach” by Tuesday, October 25th, 2016.
For further information:
- See the State Department’s travel website for the Worldwide Caution, Travel Warnings and Travel Alerts, and Country Information for Jordan
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security messages and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- The U.S. Embassy in Amman is located on Al-Umawiyyeen Street, Abdoun, P.O. Box 354. The telephone number is  (6) 590-6000, and the fax number is  (6) 592-4102. The after-hours emergency telephone number is  (6) 590-6500.
- Call 1-888-407-4747 toll-free in the United States and Canada or 1-202-501-4444 from other countries from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday (except U.S. federal holidays).
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.