On Wednesday, January 10, 2018, the Department of State will make changes to our safety and security information to make it easier to find, understand, and use.
Travel Advisories will replace Travel Warnings and Travel Alerts. Every country will have a Travel Advisory, which will provide one of four standard levels of advice. The Travel Advisory will give an explanation for the level and include clear actions U.S. citizens should take.
Alerts will replace Security Messages and Emergency Messages. Alerts follow an easy-to-understand format with clear actions U.S. citizens should take.
U.S. citizens who have signed up to receive updates via the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP.state.gov) will automatically receive the JordanTravel Advisory and Alerts via email in the weeks following the January 10 launch. They will continue to receive other messages as usual, including announcements related to voting, town halls, and administrative issues.
For more information about improvements to our safety and security information and to sign-up to receive a notification on launch date, visit http://travel.state.gov/travelsafely.
For further detailed information regarding Jordan and travel:
- See the State Department’s travel website (http://travel.state.gov/) for the Worldwide Caution (https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/traveladvisories/traveladvisories/worldwide-caution.html) , Travel Warnings and Travel Alerts (https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/traveladvisories/traveladvisories.html) , and Country Information for Jordan (http://travel.state.gov/content/passports/en/country/jordan.html) .
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (https://step.state.gov/step/) (STEP (https://step.state.gov/step/) ) to receive security messages and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- The U.S. Embassy in Amman (https://jo.usembassy.gov/) is located on Al-Umawiyyeen Street, Abdoun. The telephone number is  (6) 590-6000, and the fax number is  (6) 592-4102. The after-hours emergency telephone number is  (6) 590-6500.
- Call 1-888-407-4747 toll-free in the United States and Canada or 1-202-501-4444 from other countries from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday (except U.S. federal holidays).
- Follow us on Twitter (http://twitter.com/travelgov) and Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/travelgov)