Event: Absentee Ballot for Upcoming U.S. Elections
U.S. citizens living abroad are encouraged to exercise their right to vote. To register to vote and request your ballot through the Federal Voting Assistance Program (FVAP) website, FVAP.gov, you should complete the Federal Post Card Application (FPCA) using FVAP’s online assistant. You may also use the fillable PDF or pick up a hard copy version from the U.S. Embassy Amman’s American Citizen Services Office.
FVAP recommends U.S. citizens overseas, who are currently away from their voting jurisdictions or who have recently changed their address, send in a new FPCA as soon as possible to ensure receipt of an absentee ballot for all federal elections in this election year.
To find your state’s election website for specific information on candidates, elections, contact information, and links to your local election offices, visit FVAP’s contact page.
COVID-19 ELECTION UPDATE – FVAP is working closely with state election offices and other federal agencies to bring you up-to-date information on state election changes and mailing delays. Please visit FVAP.gov/COVID-19 for the latest information on any international postal disruptions.
Here are some important things to remember:
- Submitting your Federal Post Card Application (FPCA) early is the best way to help ensure the absentee voting process goes as smoothly as possible.
- The FPCA provides an option to request that your blank ballots be delivered to you electronically.
- Submitting the FPCA allows you to use the Federal Write-In Absentee Ballot (FWAB) as a backup ballot, if needed.
Note: This information is current as of August 1, 2020. Election dates marked with an asterisk are updated and state-verified. As further changes may occur, please check the election calendars and state pages at FVAP.gov for the latest updates .
The following states have elections in the next 90 days: (** Denotes a recent change in date)
- P – Presidential Primary
- S – State Primary
- D – District Primary
- T – Territory Primary
August 1: Virgin Islands (T)
August 4: Arizona (S); Kansas (S); Michigan (S); Missouri (S); Washington (S)
August 6: Tennessee (S)
August 8: **Hawaii (S)
August 11: **Connecticut (P,S); Georgia (State Primary Runoff); Minnesota (S); Vermont (S); Wisconsin (S)
August 18: Alaska (S); Florida (S); Wyoming (S)
August 25: Oklahoma (State Primary Runoff)
August 29: Guam (T)
September 2020 – 30 Day Notice:
September 1: Massachusetts (S)
September 8: New Hampshire (S); Rhode Island (S)
September 15: Delaware (S)
October 2020 – 60 Day Notice:
There are currently no scheduled elections for federal office in October 2020
November 2020 – 90 Day Notice:
November 3: General Election
Please continue to visit our COVID-19 website for updated information and we encourage you to enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive our notifications. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions not addressed in this message.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information about COVID-19.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19: https://jo.usembassy.gov/covid-19-information/ for more information about travel restrictions and closures in Jordan.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States.
- Monitor local media for updates and adhere to Government of Jordan restrictions and instructions.
- U.S. Embassy Amman, Jordan
Al-Umawyeen 37, Amman, Jordan
Phone number: +962 6 590-6000, +962 6 590-6500 (after hours emergencies only)
- Email address: Amman-ACS@state.gov
- Embassy/Consulate website: https://jo.usembassy.gov/
- State Department – Consular Affairs: 888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Jordan Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates and follow us on Facebook