Event: Acceptance of Ballots for U.S. 2020 Elections
All U.S. citizens can receive their blank ballots electronically. Depending on the state in which you are eligible to vote, you may get your ballot by email, fax, or download from the internet.
Some states allow you to return your completed ballot electronically and others do not. If your state requires you to return paper voting forms or ballots to local election officials by mail, you can do so through international mail, professional courier service, or through the U.S. Embassy in Amman.
If you are sending your ballot through the U.S. Embassy in Amman, ballots can be dropped off at the Consular Section Sunday through Wednesday from 9:00 a.m.-11:00 a.m. Ballots must be addressed to local election offices and placed in postage paid return envelopes or in envelopes bearing sufficient U.S. domestic postage so they may be delivered to the proper local election authorities. Postage from Jordan to the United States is not required using this method. Please note that it can take up to four weeks for mail to reach its destination if sent through the Embassy. For security reasons, please do not seal the envelope until you are inside the Consular Section. For information about election deadlines and addresses for local election offices, please visit fvap.gov.
Please note that all visitors to the Embassy are subject to security screening and you will not be permitted to bring electronic devices, including cell phones, inside the facility. Anyone entering the Consular Section is required to wear a face mask. People with symptoms of COVID19 are prohibited from entering the Consular Section.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information about COVID-19.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19: https://jo.usembassy.gov/covid-19-information/ for more information about travel restrictions and closures in Jordan
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States.
- Monitor local media for updates and adhere to Government of Jordan restrictions and instructions.
- U.S. Embassy Amman, Jordan
Al-Umawyeen 37, Amman, Jordan
Phone number: +962 6 590-6000, +962 6 590-6500 (after hours emergencies only)
- Email address: Amman-ACS@state.gov
- Embassy/Consulate website: https://jo.usembassy.gov/
- State Department – Consular Affairs: 888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Jordan Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP)to receive security updates and follow us on Facebook