Location: Various Amman locations and Dead Sea Highway, Jordan
Event: Ongoing Protests
The U.S. Embassy has received reports of protests near the State Security Court and on the Dead Sea Highway in response to the sentencing of former Parliament member Osama Al-Ajarmah earlier today. The U.S. Embassy has received reports of potential protests near Abdoun Bridge and in the area of Na’aur. U.S. Embassy personnel are advised to avoid these areas and exercise caution transiting Airport Road and Dead Sea Highway.
We remind U.S. citizens that protests intended to be peaceful can turn confrontational and possibly escalate into violence. As always, please be aware of your surroundings and monitor local media.
Actions to Take:
- Avoid crowds and demonstrations.
- Exercise caution transiting Airport Road and the Dead Sea Highway.
- Remain vigilant, maintain awareness of your surroundings, and monitor the local news for updates.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates.
- U.S. Embassy – Amman, Jordan
- Al-Umawyeen 37, Amman, Jordan
- Phone number (business hours): +962 6 590-6000
- Phone number (emergencies after business hours): +962 6 590-6500
- Email address: Amman-ACS@state.gov
- Embassy website: https://jo.usembassy.gov/
- State Department – Consular Affairs: 888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Jordan Country Information
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security update
- Follow us on Facebook