rotest and sit-in may take place in front of the Amman headquarters of the International Committee of the Red Cross (near the Lycée Français d’Amman and the Little Academy pre-school in Abdoun) today at 5 p.m.
The Embassy advises U.S. citizens to avoid all demonstrations. We remind U.S. citizens that protests intended to be peaceful can turn confrontational and possibly escalate into violence. As always, please be aware of your surroundings and monitor local media.
For additional detailed information regarding Jordan and travel abroad.
- See the State Department’s travel website for the Worldwide Caution, Travel Warnings and Travel Alerts, including the Department of State’s Travel Warning for Jordan and Country Information for Jordan.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP)to receive security messages and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- The U.S. Embassy in Amman is located on Al-Umawiyyeen Street, Abdoun, P.O. Box 354. The telephone number is  (6) 590-6000, the fax number is  (6) 592-4102 and our email is Amman-ACS@state.gov. The after-hours emergency telephone number is  (6) 590-6500.
- Call 1-888-407-4747 toll-free in the United States and Canada or 1-202-501-4444 from other countries from8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday (except U.S. federal holidays).
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.