With widespread calls for demonstrations beginning December 6 in Jerusalem and the West Bank, U.S. government employees and their family members are not permitted until further notice to conduct personal travel in Jerusalem’s Old City and in the West Bank, to include Bethlehem and Jericho. Official travel by U.S. government employees in Jerusalem’s Old City and in the West Bank is permitted only to conduct essential travel and with additional security measures. United States citizens should avoid areas where crowds have gathered and where there is increased police and/or military presence. We recommend that U.S. citizens take into consideration these restrictions and the additional guidance contained in the Department of State’s travel warning for Israel, the West Bank and Gaza when making decisions regarding their travel.
For further information:
- See the State Department’s travel website for the Worldwide Caution, Travel Warning for Israel, the West Bank and Gaza, Travel Alerts, and Country Specific Information for Israel, the West Bank and Gaza, along with the Department of State’s Travel Warning for Jordan and Country Information for Jordan.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program(STEP) to receive security messages and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- The Consulate General in Jerusalem is located at14 David Flusser, telephone (972) (2) 622-7230. The U.S. Embassy in Tel Aviv, located at 71 Hayarkon, telephone (972) (3) 519-7575. If you are a U.S. citizen in need of urgent assistance outside of business hours, you may call the emergency after-hours number either in Tel Aviv at (972) (3) 519-7551 or Jerusalem at (972) (2) 622-7250.
- The U.S. Embassy in Amman is located on Al-Umawiyyeen Street, Abdoun, P.O. Box 354. The telephone number is  (6) 590-6000 and our email is Amman-ACS@state.gov. The after-hours emergency telephone number is  (6) 590-6500.
- Call1-888-407-4747 toll-free in the United States and Canada or 1-202-501-4444 from other countries from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday (except U.S. federal holidays).
- Follow us on Twitterand Facebook.