Deadline February 15 , 2015.
Jordanian Secondary School students are invited to apply for this year’s TechGirls program. The program will bring 27 teenage girls, ages 15-17, with a demonstrated aptitude and strong interest in the field of technology, from select countries in the Middle East and North Africa to the United States for a 22-day exchange program focused on promoting the high-level study of in summer 2015. Program activities will include hands-on classes, labs, individual or team-based project design and development, mentoring experiences, job shadowing, site visits to high tech companies in the United States, and opportunities for interaction with American peers.
The program will be intensive, academic, and highly interactive. Ideal candidates are energetic and interested in developing their leadership and technology skills in order to become future leaders and experts in the field of technology in their home countries.
- Jordanian citizens
- Females between the ages of 15 and 17
- Have demonstrated advanced skills and a serious interest in technology, engineering, and/or math in their academic studies;
- Intend to pursue higher education and careers in technology;
- Have strong English language skills;
- Exhibit maturity, flexibility, and open-mindedness; and
- Will attend at least one more semester of secondary school upon their return to their home country.
- Are willing to complete a follow-on project upon their return home
Please fill out the application form as completely as possible. The information you provide on this application will provide the basis for selecting semi-finalists for this program. Answer the questions carefully and completely. Applications can be e-mailed toAmmanExchanges@state.gov no later than 4:30 p.m. February 15, 2015.
For further about the program; please the TechGirls website.