Applications now accepted for the academic year (2015-2016)
Deadline: February 18, 2015
The Near East South Asia Undergraduate (NESA UGRRAD) program is a merit-based scholarship for outstanding undergraduate students to study in the U.S. for one semester in a non-degree program. Selected students will have the opportunity for in-depth exposure to U.S. society, culture, and academic life by engaging in substantive courses, internship opportunities, and community service at U.S universities.
Program sponsors and benefits:
The NESA UGRAD program is sponsored by the U.S. Department of State. Selected candidates will receive a full scholarship for one semester of non-degree study. Course credits may not be transferrable to home institutions.
- Jordanian citizens
- Undergraduate students in any academic field of study
- Have at least one semester left before graduation
- Between 18 and 25 years old
- Demonstrated academic excellence, cross-cultural interest, and leadership potential
- Proficiency in written and spoken English
Application & required documents:
- Complete NESA UGRAD online application
- Personal statement
- Two letters of recommendation
- Copies of all university transcripts
- Two passport-size photos
- Copy of passport
- Proof of being an active member in an educational, cultural or social association (optional)
* The TOEFL/ITP score will not be requested for this primary phase of the selection process, but if you have taken the test, please submit your scores along with the complete application.
All applications must be submitted by February 18, 2015. Applications received after this deadline will NOT be reviewed.
For more information about the “NESA UGRAD” program, please send us an email at AmmanExchanges@state.gov.