On April 21, 2021, after a review of the world-wide COVID-19 situation and a review of the Travel Health Notice (THN) for Jordan issued by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the Department of State raised the Travel Advisory for Jordan from Level 3 (Reconsider Travel) to Level 4 (Do Not Travel). The Department of State advises against all travel to Jordan at this time due to the COVID situation in Jordan. Travel Advisories derive from a dynamic process that takes into account changes in the situation on the ground. As a result of this review, the Travel Advisory for Jordan and many other countries around the world is being raised to Level 4, aligning the Department of State’s Travel Advisory levels with current CDC Travel Health Notices. To read the full Department of State Travel Advisory for Jordan, please click here.
For more information on the COVID-19 situation in Jordan, please see CDC Travel Health Notice on COVID-19 in Jordan or visit the Embassy’s COVID-19 page. For more information on how the CDC determines Travel Health Notices, please refer to the CDC’s guidelines. For more information about traveling to or living in Jordan, please see the Jordan country page listed on travel.state.gov.
We encourage you to enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive our notifications. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions not addressed in this message.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information about COVID-19.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19: https://jo.usembassy.gov/covid-19-information/ for more information about travel restrictions and closures in Jordan.
- Monitor local media for updates and adhere to Government of Jordan restrictions and instructions.
- U.S. Embassy Amman, Jordan
- Al-Umawyeen 37, Amman, Jordan
- Phone number: +962 6 590-6000, +962 6 590-6500 (after hours emergencies only)
- Email address: Amman-ACS@state.gov
- Embassy/Consulate website: https://jo.usembassy.gov/
- State Department – Consular Affairs: 888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Jordan Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates and follow us on Facebook.