Eligibility for a CRBA

  1. Eligibility for a CRBA
  2. Transmitting Citizenship

Appointments for this service are required. To set up an appointment, please send an email to AmmanCRBA@state.gov with a scanned copy of a completed Form DS-2029 and a local phone number.  Appointments are available Sunday through Thursday from 9:45 a.m. to 10:45 a.m., excluding U.S. and Jordanian public holidays and the last Thursday of the month.

Please Note: To apply for the CRBA and passport, all documents you present must be either originals or certified copies. You will need the following:

  1. Appearance in person of BOTH parents AND the child. The child being reported, and both parents, must appear in person at the Embassy. If one parent is not in Jordan, he or she may submit a notarized letter authorizing the other parent to apply for the CRBA and/or passport. This letter must state the child’s name, the name of the parent not present, and it must be signed and notarized by a U.S. notary or at the nearest U.S. embassy or consulate. The standard from for this purpose is called a Form DS-3053 – Statement of Consent (PDF 107 KB).
  2. Completed Form DS-2029 – Application for Consular Report of Birth Abroad (PDF 149 KB). Instructions on how to complete Form DS-29 are given on the reverse side of the form. Please DO NOT SIGN the form until instructed by the Consular Officer to do so.
  3. Birth certificate issued by the Jordanian authorities – with translation if not in English. The original Jordanian birth certificate is issued by the Department of Civil Registration (Da’irat Al-Ahwal Al-Madaniyyah) on the basis of a “Notification of Birth” form issued by the hospital.
  4. The marriage certificate – with translation if not in English. If the parents are not married, please contact us to ask about special requirements.
  5. Evidence of the termination of any previous marriages – with translation if not in English. Normally, such evidence consists of a divorce order, annulment decree, or death certificate.
  6. Evidence of the U.S. citizenship of both parents. Such evidence normally consists of U.S. passports, naturalization certificates or birth certificates from the United States
  7. If only one parent is a United States citizen, evidence that the American citizen parent was physically present in the United States for a minimum period of 5 (five) years, at least 2 (two) of which were after the age of 14 (fourteen). Primary forms of such evidence typically consist of old U.S. and Jordanian passports and OFFICIAL school or university transcripts. Secondary or supporting forms of such evidence can include copies of old tax forms certified by the IRS. Utility bills, rent statements, and letters from employers are not accepted.
  8. Fees Fees may be paid by cash or credit card (Visa/Mastercard), either in U.S. dollars or the equivalent in Jordanian dinars.
List of services fees
Service Fee (JD) Fee (USD)
Minor Passport Book 14 JD $20.00
Passport Execution Fee 25 JD $35.00
Passport Security Surcharge 43 JD $60.00
Consular Report of Birth Abroad 71 JD $100.00
Total 153 JD $215.00

Please Note:  To apply for the CRBA and passport, all documents you present must be either originals or certified copies.