If you believe that your U.S. passport has been lost or stolen, you should immediately inform the Jordanian police authorities of the loss by going to the nearest police station. Going to the police first is crucial since you will need a police report in order to get your Jordanian entry stamp transferred into your new passport. After you’ve obtained a police report, then come to the U.S. Embassy.
To apply for a new passport you will need the following:
- Completed Form DS-11, Application for U.S. Passport. Please complete all white sections of the form legibly and correctly. Please do not sign the form until instructed by the Consular Officer to do so.
- Completed Form DS-64, Statement Regarding a Lost or Stolen Passport. Please complete all white sections of the form legibly and correctly. Please do not sign the form until instructed by the Consular Officer to do so.
- Proof of identity: driver’s license or; state or other photo ID card or; other passport
- Passport photograph – please provide one color photographs that is: taken within the last 6 months; printed on high quality photographic paper; minimum size 50mm x 50mm (2″ X 2″); facing completely forward (head not turned); on a white background; religious head coverings may cover ears but must stop at the hairline and not obscure the forehead, eyebrows, or cheeks
- Fees – the fee to replace a lost or stolen passport is $135.00 U.S. dollars or 96 Jordanian dinars, payable in U.S. or Jordanian cash, or by Visa or MasterCard.
|Service||Fee (JD)||Fee (USD)|
|Adult Passport Book||50 JD||$70.00|
|Passport Application Fee for DS-11||18 JD||$25.00|
|Passport Security Surcharge||28 JD||$40.00|
|Total Fee for Adult Passport Requiring Form DS-11||96 JD||$135.00|
Please Note: Appointments for this service are required. To set up an appointment, visit the U.S. Citizens Services appointment system page. Appointments are available Sunday through Thursday from 8:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m., excluding U.S. and Jordanian public holidays and the last Thursday of the month.