Report a Lost or Stolen Passport

If your U.S. passport has been lost or stolen, you should immediately:

  • Report the theft or loss of your passport to the Jordanian police at the nearest police station.  A police report is required for your Jordanian entry stamp to be transferred to your new passport. If you do not make a police report and file for your entry stamp to be transferred, you may be required to pay a fine upon your departure from Jordan.
  • Report the loss of your passport to the U.S. Department of State by submitting a DS-64 online
  • Schedule an appointment to replace your U.S. passport. If you have urgent travel before the next available appointment date, please send your confirmed itinerary to to schedule an emergency appointment.

You must bring to your appointment:

  • DS-11 Passport Application, completed online and printed. Handwritten is not accepted.
  • 2 x 2 inch photo of the applicant.
  • Non-Refundable Application Fee, payable in dollars, dinars, or by credit card only. Exact change is preferred if paying in dollars or dinars.
  • A copy of your DS-64 filed online explaining the loss or theft of the passport, or a completed DS-64 if you did not file your lost or stolen passport report online before your passport appointment.
  • A currently valid secondary government-issued photo ID (passport, national ID, driver’s license, or similar)
  • Certificate of Naturalization or Certificate of Citizenship, with a copy, if you have these.
  • Copies of all original documents provided.

 Applicants under the age of 16 must also bring:

  • The child’s original birth certificate or CRBA, with a copy. A hospital-issued certificate is not accepted.
  • Each parent or guardian’s currently valid government-issued photo ID, with a copy.
  • If one or both parents/guardians are absent, but consent to the passport issuance:
    • An original, signed DS-3053 form consenting to issuance of the passport for each absent parent/guardian which authorizes the person who brings the child to the passport appointment to sign the application. This form must be signed and notarized, and is valid for 90 days following signing.
    • A copy of the ID used as proof of identity when each DS-3053 was signed and notarized.
  • If one or both parents/guardian are absent and do not consent to the issuance, please bring a court order showing the applying parent/guardian has sole custody of the child.
  • If one parent/guardian has passed away, please bring the original death certificate or Consular Report of Death Abroad.