The Department of State has updated our Worldwide Caution with information on the continuing threat of terrorist actions and violence against U.S. citizens and interests throughout the world. This replaces the Worldwide Caution dated September 9, 2016. U.S. citizens are encouraged to review the information in the updated Worldwide Caution at http://travel.state.gov/content/passports/english/alertswarnings/worldwide-caution.html.
For additional detailed information regarding Jordan and travel abroad:
- See the State Department’s travel website for the Worldwide Caution, Travel Warnings and Travel Alerts, including the Department of State’s Travel Warning for Jordan and Country Information for Jordan.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security messages and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- The U.S. Embassy in Amman is located on Al-Umawiyyeen Street, Abdoun, P.O. Box 354. The telephone number is  (6) 590-6000, the fax number is  (6) 592-4102 and our email is Amman-ACS@state.gov. The after-hours emergency telephone number is  (6) 590-6500.
- Call 1-888-407-4747 toll-free in the United States and Canada or 1-202-501-4444 from other countries from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday (except U.S. federal holidays).
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.