Entry of aliens who were present in China, excluding the Special Administrative Regions of Hong Kong and Macau, within 14 days prior to their arrival at the port of entry in the United States is suspended, per Presidential Proclamation. If you reside in China, have traveled to China recently, or intend to travel to China prior to your planned trip to the United States, we recommend you postpone your visa interview appointment until 14 days subsequent to your departure from China.
The Consular Section of the U.S. Embassy in Amman is responsible for providing visa services to those seeking to enter the United States for a temporary period and for those wishing to take up indefinite or permanent residence in the United States.
Important note :
Please apply for your visa at least 90 days before your desired travel date to give yourself enough time in case additional information or other requirements are needed for your visa application.
To contact a customer service representative, please visit the GSS Contact Us page for full information or use contact information below:
- Email: To reach a customer service representative via email, please write to support-Jordan@ustraveldocs.com.
- Telephone: Please contact a customer service representative using one of these telephone numbers:
- Callers in Jordan: Call +962 65799560.
- Callers in the United States: Call 1 703 520 2242.
Skype: To use Skype to speak to a customer service representative during regular hours of operation, add a new contact to your Skype account with the Skype name ustraveldocs-Jordan.
Visiting the Embassy
You are not allowed to enter the U.S. Embassy while carrying any of the following items:
- Battery-operated or electronic devices such as mobile phones, digital diaries, digital watches, pagers, cameras, audio/video cassettes, compact discs, MP3s, floppy disks, laptops, or portable music players
- Large shoulder bags/purses – only bags that can be carried by hand will be permitted
- Bags such as travel bags, backpacks, briefcases, suitcases, leather, cloth bags, and zip folders – you can only carry plastic bags containing application-related papers
- Food and liquid items
- Sealed envelopes or packages
- Cigarettes, cigars, match boxes, lighters
- Sharp objects such as scissors, pen knives or nail files
- Weapons or explosive materials of any kind
This list is not exhaustive. Other items may be prohibited at the discretion of security staff.
There is no facility at the U.S. Embassy to store prohibited items. You must make arrangements to store these items before entering.
Due to security considerations, there is no information window for walk-in visitors at the U.S. Embassy. Only visa applicants with scheduled interviews will be admitted.