Event: U.S. Embassy Closed: Government Holiday for Harsh Weather Conditions
The Government of Jordan announced today that Thursday, February 18, 2021, will be an official holiday due to harsh weather conditions. Accordingly, the U.S. Embassy will be closed on Thursday, February 18, 2021 and will resume regular business hours on Sunday, February 21, 2021.
Actions to Take:
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19: https://jo.usembassy.gov/covid-19-information/ for more information about travel restrictions and closures in Jordan.
- Monitor local media for updates and adhere to Government of Jordan restrictions and instructions.
- U.S. Embassy Amman, Jordan
Al-Umawyeen 37, Amman, Jordan
Phone number: +962 6 590-6000, +962 6 590-6500 (after hours emergencies only)
- Email address: Amman-ACS@state.gov
- Embassy/Consulate website: https://jo.usembassy.gov/
- State Department – Consular Affairs: 888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Jordan Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates and follow us on Facebook.