The Department of State has updated our Worldwide Caution with information on the continuing threat of terrorist actions and violence against U.S. citizens and interests throughout the world. U.S. citizens are encouraged to review the information in the Worldwide Caution at https://travel.state.gov/content/passports/en/alertswarnings/worldwide-caution.html.
In addition, Jordan will hold parliamentary elections on Tuesday, September 20, 2016. Demonstrations – both planned and spontaneous – may transpire before, during and after the elections and the announcement of results. U.S. citizens are reminded to avoid demonstrations, even if intended to be peaceful, and to follow guidance from Jordanian security officials.
For further information:
- See the State Department’s travel website for the Worldwide Caution, Travel Warnings and Travel Alerts, and Country Information for Jordan.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security messages and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- TheS. Embassy in Amman is located on Al-Umawiyyeen Street, Abdoun, P.O. Box 354. The telephone number is  (6) 590-6000, and the fax number is  (6) 592-4102. The after-hours emergency telephone number is  (6) 590-6500.
- Call 1-888-407-4747 toll-free in the United States and Canada or 1-202-501-4444 from other countries from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday (except U.S. federal holidays).
- Follow us on Twitterand Facebook.